- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitlePharmacist Clinical Staff/UKHCRequisition NumberRE21107Working TitlePharmacist Clinical Staff – OncologyDepartment NameH3330:Pharmacy ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level14Salary Range$81,328-137,717/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationBS
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related ExperienceNo experience required.
Required License/Registration/CertificationLICENSED PHARMACIST
Physical RequirementsMay include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
ShiftPrimarily Mon – Fri; occasional weekends and holidays per department need.
Job SummaryProvides oncology pharmacy services to patients of UK Healthcare in both the inpatient, infusion, and ambulatory settings. Reviews and adjusts medications therapy based on institutional guidelines, provides pharmacokinetic consults, rounds on inpatient oncology teams, staffs in oncology pharmacy satellites, oversees the distribution, compounding, and dispensing of medication, and works collaboratively with nurses, physicians and other providers to optimize care in the oncology setting.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesStrong clinical skills; knowledge of inpatient drug distribution and dispensing; ability to prioritize; excellent communication skills; team mentality; desire to teach; and motivation are required to excel in this position.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperiencePharmD degree preferred. ASHP PGY1 residency and/or PGY2 specialty residency preferred.
Deadline to Apply11/14/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Pharmacist in the state of Kentucky?
- * How many years of experience do you have practicing as a licensed pharmacist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Have you completed or are you currently participating in an ASHP residency program?
- * Briefly describe your pharmacy experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- human resources