- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Paul
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and Japan, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
A Pharmacovigilance Coordinator will be performing data entry of cases received via email, fax, or postal service. They will monitor and perform activities required to fulfill the periodic regulatory reporting requirements for Pharmaceutical and DS/OTC clients. A Pharmacovigilance Coordinator will maintain distinctive quality and commitment as the operating philosophy in carrying out all processing, and will continually seek new ways to enhance customer service both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering new cases into the safety database and all new case information for existing cases received from clients, attach new and follow-up files to Case Explorer and ARGUS, and enter reportable literature cases.
- Update safety database case notes
- Generate third-party manufacturing reports
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Post High School Education or equivalent professional work experience (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- 2 years of healthcare related work experience (Preferred)
- Current MN License for degree or equivalent from another state of country (Preferred)
- Experience working with safety databases (Preferred)
Necessary Skills and Ability:
- Basic computer knowledge and computer keyboarding skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; ability to multitask
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Flexibility to adapt and meet fluctuating business priorities
- Ability to occasionally work extended and/or flexible schedule to meet client requirements
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***
- customer service