- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Program Manager or designee, the Pharmacy Business System Analyst is responsible for compiling and translating the business and clinical requirements of the MassHealth Pharmacy Program into functional requirements for use by technical teams in the development, enhancement, and modification of the various applications of the Pharmacy On-line Processing System (POPS). The Pharmacy Business System Analyst also is responsible for software development lifecycle quality assurance, including testing and re-testing of software, for the POPS system changes.
- Participate in and contribute to the needs assessment and system requirement identification for the POPS solution through technical and functional consultation.
- Facilitate discussions regarding enhancements and solutions for the POPS.
- Collaborate on the development of functional specifications with other organizations with a relationship to POPS or the pharmacy program, including but not limited to the POPS Vendor, EOHHS, UMASS, and Managed Care Entities.
- Develop functional specifications documents for POPS.
- Ensure ongoing accuracy of systems documentation.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases that comprehensively test software changes.
- Participate in POPS user acceptance testing activities.
- Develop assessments of the cost/benefit and feasibility of software changes and make recommendations of best alternatives.
- Monitor the schedule of deliverables against the program’s priorities and timelines, including communicating delays and schedule changes to the POPS Program Manager.
- Monitor and review data exchanges between POPS and other organizations including but not limited to EOHHS, UMASS, Managed Care Entities, and various contracted entities.
- Establish and maintain communications between the various entities that comprise the pharmacy program and within EOHHS as directed, including but not limited to the POPS Vendor, UMMS IT, EOHHS, and Managed Care Entities.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding timelines for changes and enhancements to POPS system.
- Participate in annual POPS Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Assist EOHHS and UMASS with ad hoc requests and/or reporting by:
- identifying opportunities to turn ad-hoc reports into self-service dashboards of recurring reports
- supporting, in-taking, managing and resolving issues identified with external/internal data
- Assist EOHHS and UMASS with the assessment of and/or procurement of related system applications and enhancements to applications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of related experience, including some project management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills with an ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Demonstrated innovation, flexibility, and creativity.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Experience working on IT projects, including in a claim adjudication environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of data warehousing and data reconciliation.
- Experience working with federal and state agencies preferred.
- ms project