- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Pharmacy Care Coordinator - 00001UQ1
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Must be flexible to work any shift Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm
What you will be doing
The Pharmacy Care Coordinator acts as the patient’s advocate to ensure that the prescribed drug therapy and pharmacy care plan are followed as prescribed and meet the medical, social and personal needs of the patient. The Pharmacy Care Coordinator assists the patient by coordinating their prescribed pharmacy care with their healthcare provider, payers and other health related resources to ensure successful drug therapy outcomes.
- Answers and resolves patient inquiries within committed time frames.
- Reports all adverse events related to drug therapy and pharmacy care.
- Actively participates in discussions with pharmacists, nursing services, pharmacy support manager and other pharmacy care coordinators to review cases and related drug therapy and pharmacy care plan issues.
- Maintains current notes and documentation related to patient's drug therapy and pharmacy care plan; flags issues that need to be addressed.
- Promotes drug compliance.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a healthcare related call center environment, physician’s off or pharmacy environment
- Strong time management, organizational skills, initiative, professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Nice to have
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Registered with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
What AmerisourceBergen offers We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
About AmerisourceBergen AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-Texas-Carrollton
5025 Plano Parkway
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran