- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job TitlePharmacy Senior Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE21108Working TitlePharmacy Senior Technician/UKHC/SpecialtyDepartment NameH5000: CHANDLER - RETAIL PHARMACYWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level07Salary Range$15.26-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired EducationHS
Click here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience2 yrs
Required License/Registration/CertificationKentucky Board of Pharmacy Registration PTCB Registration
Physical RequirementsMay include standing for greater than 5 hours at a time and possibly walking several miles per day. May require the ability to reach items above shoulder level and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
ShiftPrimarily 8am-4pm Mon – Fri; with some holiday requirements. . Shifts/Days of week are subject to change based on needs of the department.
Job SummaryThis position will provide a variety of specialty pharmacy services including obtaining prior authorizations, enrolling patients’ in financial support programs, and coordinating first time dispenses and refills for specialty medications prescribed within UK HealthCare. You will work closely with nurses, physicians, and UK Specialty Pharmacy staff to improve access to medications for a variety of sub specialty disease states.
Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesThis position requires dependability, and the ability to prioritize. The successful candidate must be reliable and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceTwo years of previous work experience (in a related field). Prefer previous pharmacy tech experience or work/classes in medical field. Hired candidate must maintain state licensure in good standing. Must have 2 years of full-time (or pro-rated) pharmacy technician experience and must be a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
Deadline to Apply11/17/2019University Community of InclusionThe University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a National Pharmacy Technician Certification from either PTCB or ExCPT?
- * Are you currently registered with the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician?
- * Please indicate the amount of paid pharmacy technician experience you have working in either an inpatient hospital and/or retail pharmacy setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience in working with physicians, nurses, and pharmacists to secure a prior authorization. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your retail pharmacy and/or medicare billing experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please provide an example of a time that you have provided excellent customer service to a patient. (Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell me about your background and how it would assist with this position. Also tell me why you consider yourself the best candidate (Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter