- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-08
Prepares and delivers medications to patients and/or nursing units under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner. Demonstrates the ability to competently work in different (omit) general and specialized areas of pharmacy practice.
- Cross trained in designated number of specialized areas as identified by Pharmacy specific addendum.
- Fills and delivers medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for continuous patient care.
- Participates in the training of new employees.
- Uses appropriate computers for entry of patient information and label generation.
- Ensures quality assurance is maintained according to departmental and legal requirements.
- Operates automated dispensing devices/repackaging machine/robots/pumps.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $14.77 - $22.89 Hourly
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required
Experience: 6 months of experience required
Licensure: Commonwealth of Virginia Pharmacy Technician License required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull