- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Mount Prospect
Exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Technician to excel in a complex, high impact dispensing role and positively impact the lives of others. The Materials Dispensing Pharmacy Technician role is an essential role to support the Materials Management department. As a Pharmacy Technician working in the backend of the pharmacy, you get to perform a variety of roles including but not limited to processing RGM's (Returned Goods) and the disposition of the returned material, and inventory maintenance (slotting, NDC & location changes). A successful Pharmacy Technician in the Materials Dispensing role will need to be very detailed oriented, confident in their math skills and possess great computer skills.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining the input of all inventory received.
- Assisting in the flow of inventory/purchasing processes.
- Will be the internal resource for other departments regarding inventory concerns.
CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes but is not limited to Paid Time Off, 10 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, employee discounted stock purchase program, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at all CVS/pharmacy stores.
• Must apply for IL Pharmacy Technician license prior to day one of employment.
• Must also provide the following as proof of application and pending license:
Online Application (preferred method)
• Confirmation email must be provided prior to starting, and brought in on your first day of employment
• Receipt of payment must be provided prior to starting and brought in on your first day of employment
Paper Application Mailed (not preferred)
• Copy of paper application must be provided prior to starting and brought in on your first day of employment
• Copy of green certified mail card returned by the State showing that it was received by them must be provided prior to starting and brought in on your first day of employment
• Receipt that application was mailed “Certified” must be provided prior to starting and brought in on your first day of employment
• Copy of both sides of cancelled check with account and personal Information De-identification must be provided prior to starting and brought in on your first day of employment
- One year experience in this or similar job.
- Knowledge of old orders, pharmaceutical drug names, NDC system and SAP.
- Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician
Verifiable High School diploma or GED
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the
About the company
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.
We’re reinventing pharmacy to have a more active, supportive role in each person’s unique health experience and in the greater health care environment—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions to providing quality walk-in medical care and pharmacy benefits management.
Because we’re present in so many moments, in ways that are more affordable and effective, we’re able to positively influence health behavior and shape the future of health care for people, businesses and communities.
Health is everything.
Through our more than 9,600 retail pharmacies, over 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, 75 million pharmacy benefit manager plan members, and expanding specialty pharmacy services, we enable people, businesses and communities to manage health in more affordable, effective ways. This unique integrated model increases access to quality care, delivers better health outcomes, and lowers overall health care costs. We leverage our unique combination to help payors control costs, improve patient access, and promote better health outcomes in a way that no other company can.