- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Demonstrate a passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of Pharmacy products. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, performing price checks, load/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Process customer transactions in a quick and efficient manner.
- Obtain new and refill prescription information from customers; prepare insurance claim forms.
- Assist pharmacists with receiving and processing physicians’ orders and dispense medications.
- Verify and enter prescription details into the computer to update patient medical records.
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs/compounds, mix medications and prepare labels according to state law.
- Operate equipment (e.g., scanner, register, scale, coupon machine, intercom, telephone, and compactor) according to company guidelines.
- Order, stock and store medications and other pharmacy-related items.
- Assist pharmacists with training/continuing education of pharmacy clerks and other technicians.
- Maintain a working knowledge and consistently execute Pharmacy standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently using the hands to handle, finger or feel objects, tools or controls, reaching with hands/arms, talking, hearing, sitting and close vision, depth perception and adjusting focus, lifting/carrying objects 10 to 55 lbs., walking on uneven ground, turning, standing, and stooping/bending; occasionally lift/move objects more than 60 lbs., and push/pull objects up to 550 lbs., climbing ladders.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma/GED; working on Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification
- Effective interpersonal/customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (e.g., calculate circumferences, volume)
- Ability to read/interpret documents (e.g., training manuals)
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of customers/associates
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Roundy's:At Roundy's, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI||Mequon|| 11558 N. Port Washington Road ||53092 || Roundy's||[[mfield2]]||Pharmacy ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.