- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Long Beach
: JOB SUMMARY: The primary functions of a Corporate Security Specialist is to process and monitor Physical security access and CCTV systems, and implement the organization's Physical Security programs to reduce and/or prevent Physical security incidents. This role not only ensures the security of the workers but also of the workplace, environment and general public. Assist in addressing physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors. Protects staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace. Makes periodic foot patrol tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Act in the absence of the Physical Security Manager when directed
2. Assist the Physical Security Manager in administrative or functional tasks as directed
3. Supervise other team members so they perform their functions effectively
4. Assign security duties as circumstances warrant
5. Review and oversee Physical Security operations
6. Assist with training
7. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
8. Quickly identify potential negative situations and implement effective countermeasures
9. Respond , investigate, and document accidents and emergencies.
10. Teach facility-specific procedures and policies
11. Keep records of daily activities and maintain reference materials.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Must have at least one (1) year of experience in the security, or related field, preferably in healthcare environment.
Must have knowledge of and have experience with access system programs, parking and transportation systems and its related issues or problems.
Must be Computer literate.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
Must have valid Government issued Driver’s License, preferably have Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Certification or Guard Card and Require International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety Basic Officer Certification.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as police reports, local and state law, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write accurate, clear and concise crime, incident and investigative reports. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, medical staff, employees and visitors.
Must be High School graduate or equivalent, some college experience preferred with emphasis in Administration of Justice, law enforcement, security, or criminology or have an advanced military background.
Knowledge, training, and/or preferable experience in safety, fire protection, civil disturbance, emergency preparedness procedures and planning, C.P.R/AED.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral.
• Ability to be an effective team member.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
• Courteous telephone manner.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
• Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to provide high quality customer service.
• Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
• Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
• May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
• Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
• Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
• May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The ability to maintain mental stability under periods of stress
About the company