- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $47,092.00 - $70,638.00 gross per year
Effectivelyplans and schedules materials, processes andwork performed onCity buildings and facilitiesby facilities maintenance staffand outside vendors and contractors.
- Maintainsdata inmaintenance management software system;enters and updates asset information, updates/corrects data as necessary,tracks labor and material management, develops schedules, identifies problematic equipment, identifies alternative methods and procedures, tracks work orders to completion and archives, prepares maintenance-related reports.
- Prioritizes work according to urgency and resource requirements.
- Reviews work orders and requests for accuracy and clarity; ensures materials, parts, labor and other charges are allocated to appropriate work order.
- Obtains and prepares all information required for the work beingperformed, including vendor manuals, drawings, diagrams, supplemental materials, special procedures, etc.
- Updates and manages all operation and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, warranty documents and other reference library material.
- Obtains, updates and manages facilities asset inventory information.
- Works with maintenance staff to create and manage a computerized preventive maintenance program.
- Balances scheduled work orders with labor availability and skills; manages projects by defining critical and non-critical tasks with the goal of preventing time-frame problems and process bottlenecks.
- Maintains and monitors work backlog.
- Maintains and monitors a weekly schedule for all facilities maintenance staff.
- Verifies all material, information, tools and labor are available prior to scheduling work.
- Works with warehouse staff to control spare part usage and reduce maintenance costs by maximizing inventory control.
- Minimizes equipment down time by coordinating maintenance needs withcustomers and maintenance staff.
- Estimates and defines requirements for total labor, materials, special tools, equipment, and skill sets for all work including complex projects such as equipment shut downs, building improvement projects, etc.
- Develops a predictive, preventive and condition-based maintenance program and criteria for installed operational equipment; reviews criteria and monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs.
- Ensures mandated inspections are scheduled and completed according to schedule.
- Implements and maintains a maintenance strategy plan for assigned work locations.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive reports with recommendations or needed changes.
- Participates in contingency planning for emergency situations.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and updates detailed standard operating procedures.
- Complies with City of Glendale procurement process.
- Provides training for staff on use of maintenance management software and asset management procedures.
- Drives assigned city vehicle to other work sites, meetings, etc.
- Updates and operates a facilities condition assessment and capital planning program.
- Performs other relatedduties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Special Requirements
Three years of skilled trades experience in electrical, HVAC, and/or building maintenance, or in planning and schedulingfacility maintenance. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using maintenance management software.
Capabilities, functions and limitations of maintenance management software and other related applications
Methods, practices and techniques of work order scheduling, with emphasis on maintenance management software
Methods, techniques, safety practices of the associated trades
Applicable codes, ordinances and regulations
Mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, blueprints and process control documents
Principles, practices, methods, equipment and toolsused in the construction, renovation,installation, maintenance and repair of City buildings, facilities and related equipment
Theory and principles of electrical, electronic, and mechanical procedures, equipment and maintenance requirements
Methods, materials, tools, equipment and procedures used in the installation, maintenance, alteration, replacement, fabrication and repair of industrial, mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
The use and care of the tools and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
Developing and maintaining effective working relationships withcustomers, staff and management
Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail and calendaring/organizer functions
Analyze and develop efficient maintenance procedures
Identifyand correct inefficient and/or inadequate preventive maintenance
and work orders, and recommend improvements to the maintenance program
Track maintenance performance measures and trendsandreport on findings
Plan, schedule and prioritize work orders
Allocate resources and manage multiple projects and/or tasks
Plan and schedule major projects
Research equipment performance evaluations
Understand and follow oral and written instructions
Prepare clear and concisewrittenreports
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orallyand in writing
Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
Valid Arizona Class D Driver License
Maybe required to work evenings, holidays and/orweekendson occasion.
Lifting up to 20 pounds, bending, kneeling, climbing ladders, lengthy periods of standingandwalking.
Work Environment: Office setting with occasional to frequent visits tofield. Maybeexposed to fumes, dust, hazardous materials, and weather extremes.