- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Casa Grande
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives:
The Plant Controller, as a member of the plant management team, provides leadership in the design, maintenance and evaluation of all financial activities for the plant in accordance with established plant, division and corporate policies. Provides guidance in setting strategic direction and designing business plans to achieve the long-term mission of the plant.
- The Controller is responsible for financial leadership in a plant with approx. 400 employees. The position’s functional responsibility influences Manufacturing, QA, Technical Services and Materials Management through budget decisions, financial training, financial recommendations, and general business guidance
- The position is the financial point of contact with local government, internal/external auditors, local counsel, certain suppliers and certain regulatory bodies (tax, customs)
- Interacts with the Global and Regional Manufacturing Controllers (functional reporting) and the Divisional VP of Manufacturing through presentations of financial plans/analyses/strategies and is responsible for representing the plant in these discussions
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager, sets the appropriate financial direction ensuring the proper reflection of financial results and forecasts
- Facilitates proper reporting, analysis and monitoring of actual results across manufacturing organizations
- Coordinate, consolidate and generally manage the development of plans for the plant including standards, LBE’s and capital budgets
- Prepares annual cost standards for Abbott Nutrition products at plant, including existing and new products
- Working in conjunction with Plant and Operations management, develop and implement financial and operational measurement tools focusing on productivity and customer service improvements
- Accountable for gathering, analyzing and interpreting of accounting and financial data for the preparation and presentation of meaningful reports, and recommendations to both Plant and Division Management.
- Assures compliance to all relevant GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley regulations, as well as Corporate and divisional policies and procedures.
- Facilitates development and deployment of processes and tools to enable improved budget planning and monitoring across all organizations
- Develop and deploy financial awareness and education programs to plant employees
Roles & Responsibilities:
The major duties and responsibilities are to provide a system of internal control to safeguard assets, assure the accuracy and reliability of financial data, promote operational efficiency and assure adherence to established division and corporate policies and procedures. Monitor maintenance of sound financial procedures and systems in the following areas:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Product Standard Costing
- Production/Inventory Control Data
- Cost/Inventory Accounting
- Accounts Payable
- Capital/RCE Investment Analysis and Control
- Fixed Asset Control
- Interfaces with various Plant, Division, and Corporate Accounting Systems
- Coordinate the development, evaluation, presentation and control of the plant’s annual Operating Plans, monthly LBEs, monthly financial updates and development of financial analyses related to capital planning
- Ensure that the specific ledgers, records and books of accounts (such as payroll records, accounts payable documentation, proper expense disbursement, etc.) are maintained to satisfy company and governmental requirements and are maintained in conformance with corporate policy and generally accepted accounting principles, and that monthly financial statements are accurate and on time
- Ensure that the necessary systems and procedures are in place and operational to control, facilitate evaluation and provide justification for the disbursement of funds
- Develop and maintain plant cost accounting systems to achieve development of product cost standards, analyzing cost trends and providing related financial information and analysis
- Provide financial guidance for all functional support groups related to operating budgets and financial reports
- Facilitate efforts in driving cost control, efficiencies, and improvement initiatives
- Maximize use of computer systems to provide management with reliable and timely data necessary for responsible business decisions in the areas of costs, quality, manpower planning, inventory, etc.
- Provide economic evaluation of all capital expenditure requests
- Responsible for hiring, training and developing staff
- As a member of the Plant Manager’s staff, leads the financial aspects of the plant’s strategic planning process
- Bachelors’ Degree: Accounting/Finance
- Masters’ Degree: Preferred, not required.
- CPA Preferred, not required.
- The incumbent must have a good working knowledge of Accounting theory and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- General Accounting
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Management/Supervisory Experience
- Cost Accounting preferred
- A background in all areas of manufacturing accounting, specifically in cost, planning and analysis and manufacturing systems is preferred
- Considerable personal contact is required with all levels of management, as well as a variety of people both within and outside the organization
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) & interpersonal skills.
- Must be results oriented, self-starter/motivated, a strong managerial background with good business sense
Financial Planning and Analysis
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States Casa Grande : Plant
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.