- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Windsor Locks
Chromalloy has expanded from a gas turbine parts repair business into an OEM supplier of production parts and advanced repairs and services for gas turbines used in aviation and power applications. Chromalloy serves the airline, military, marine and energy segments with a broad range of services at locations around the globe.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company. For additional information, visitwww.sequa.com.
Operates specialized equipment and performs task to apply thermally deposited particles to jet engine components.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates, programs and maintains specialized thermal spray equipment in accordance with work instructions and customer specifications.
- Obtain laboratory approval of new sprays and processes. Works with other departments in the development of required fixtures for new product lines.
- Runs a daily test coupon for laboratory evaluation and approval for specific metals to be sprayed.
- Operates hand-held sprayer as required to fill cracks, holes, or to reach parts that are difficult to spray with automated sprayer.
- Performs part changeovers and execution of work according to product specifications, drawings, and work instructions.
- Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
- Preparation of components (masking and surface preparation)
- Operator prepares necessary quality documents and confirms quality of own work using inspection tools in accordance with product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Must have HS Diploma or GED. Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
- On the job experience of 1-3 years in coatings of gas turbine components.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and coating specifications.
- Operation and programming of CNC equipment or production robots.
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.