- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
What is the Homes team at Airbnb?
Whenever anyone thinks of Airbnb, the first thing that comes to mind is Homes. Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up. Within Homes engineering, you can have significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. Whether you are working on one of our big bets such as guest loyalty or personalization, improving our tools for guests and hosts around the world, or working on a new business such as Airbnb for Work or Airbnb Plus, you will be on a small team designed to maximize your ability to deliver results. If you are motivated by how much visibility your work has, how much it impacts the company's bottom line, how many users see your work, or how it will impact your career growth, Homes is a great place to launch your Airbnb career.
Like all teams at Airbnb, we value and promote the diversity of our workforce, our guests, our hosts, our marketplace platform, and the world. Simply put, diversity belongs.
What is Platform Architecture at Airbnb?
Homes engineers are responsible for building core services and infrastructure that are the backbone of Airbnb’s platform. These services are engineered to run at scale with high reliability and low latency. These services are being architected to help onboard new home type such as boutique hotels. Airbnb is currently in the process of transforming its infrastructure and services to service-oriented architecture (SOA). This means, that at the end of our re-architecture, we will have moved all of our functionality into cohesive services with loose coupling, resulting in increased agility, reliability and paving the path for performance optimizations. We will be able to on-board and support new businesses on Airbnb quickly. Homes engineering teams work on architecting and leading Airbnb's transformation to SOA by working closely with both Product and Infrastructure Tools teams. This is an opportunity for an engineer to layout engineering best practices and build a technology stack that will scale our business for many years.
As an architect at Airbnb, you will be working on scaling our infrastructure, identifying and building key services and helping improve site reliability and performance. We are looking for engineers who share our passion in building for the future. We look forward to working with you in solving Airbnb’s next set of engineering challenges!
- 10+ years industry experience in software engineering and/or architecture
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large systems at enterprise scale (e.g. including well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Define overall technical architecture end-state for major parts of Airbnb’s businesses
- Drive major cross-team efforts, such as data quality, performance, and SOA
- Weigh in and establish architectural best practices for the business and/or company
- Advise/mentor other engineers at Airbnb
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.