- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Platform Integration Engineer
NBC Sports Group
Develop, implement and maintain high-performance data pipelines using Microsoft and open source technologies.
Integrate data systems to both internal and external platforms using SQL, message queues, APIs (SOAP, REST) and batch processes.
Perform traditional ETL/ELT functions such as data cleansing, quality inspection and transformation to supply data warehouses and lakes.
Develop SQL scripts and objects to support application functionality and performance.
Function as a subject matter expert to other application and database developer groups providing guidance for optimization, data modeling and data platform architecture.
Ensure systems meet required standards for PCI and other organization compliance and security guidelines.
• The drive to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server stack
o SSIS, SSRS and general DDL and DML T-SQL development
• Experience with Windows PowerShell, .Net Core, Python, Go, and other languages to build scalable data solutions
• Experience with modeling data structures in both transactional and analytical platforms
• The ability to troubleshoot, tune and remediate issues in production environments
• The ability to communicate with other technical and non-technical users
• The ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• The ability to participate in an on-call rotation for production support
• Experience with high transaction databases
• Experience with relational and non-relational data stores
• Experience with big data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka)
• Familiarity of functional programming languages and data access protocols
• Familiarity of source control providers such as GIT or TFS
• Knowledge of PCI compliance
• Experience with Continuous Delivery for database systems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is a leading-edge sports technology company that provides the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service. Using cutting-edge technology, GolfNow provides ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times on multiple platforms.
As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
• Online marketing and distribution of tee times
• Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
• Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.