- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description - Plywood Tactical Product Manager (01014902) Job Description Plywood Tactical Product Manager-01014902 Description The successful candidate will be the primary seller for two plywood mills with the objective to maximize profit while selling the mill to a 24/7 operating posture. For both contract and transactional business, the candidate uses market knowledge, pricing expertise and analytical skills to improve the product mix and order file to best match customer needs with the goal of producing at lowest cost. Candidate will work closely with existing and new panel customers to drive sales volume, maintain and grow existing accounts, lead contract negotiations and develop new customers in the residential, industrial and home center segments.
We are a small, fast-paced and people-oriented team, so each member is a vital partner and a key contributor to our overall success.
NOTE: This is a Work from Home or regional office position as the work location is flexible based on our virtual sales team structure and assigned regional mills located in Louisiana and Arkansas.
Candidate will report to the sales manager of OSB and plywood. This role may include up to 10-20% travel.
In our Wood Products business, we manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural frame materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our six OSB mills and two commodity plywood mills produce nearly 3.5 billion sq ft. across the United States and Canada. The sales organization sells to targeted customers in specific market segments and operates in a team-based environment to ensure strong delivery of value to the business and timely delivery of quality products to customers.
Successful candidates will:
- Thrive in a competitive and dynamic consultative sales environment
- Develop and implement strategies specific to segments, customers, mills and geographies
- Set pricing levels based on market conditions and inventory levels
- Identify and execute methods to constantly create a richer product mix at each mill
- Manage order file by selling to the appropriate sales level, understanding there can be week-to-week variability based on mill operations
- Lead annual contract negotiations that directly impact assigned mill
- Resolve problems including disruptions in business, claims and price discrepancies
- Effectively work as a team member by sharing market intelligence around pricing, order files, trends and customer preferences
- Be comfortable in the use and analysis of data including costing, pricing, financial performance and market data
- Use product, customer and market intelligence to quickly respond to changing conditions
- Build strong working relationships based on trust and integrity
- Demonstrate teamwork and effective collaboration with others
- Possess a strong work ethic, positive and professional attitude, take initiative and develop innovative solutions
- 7+ years sales, purchasing or manufacturing experience in OSB, plywood and/or other commodity industries
- Four-year undergraduate degree, preferably in sales, marketing, engineering, forest products, wood technology or related field
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Experience developing effective and lasting relationships with customers, operations and broader sales and technical teams
- Proven track record of successfully handling multiple and complex sales with program consultation, financial acumen and data analysis that result in profitable sales against targets
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Knowledge of product end uses, market dynamics, competitor’s products and capabilities, transportation and product supply channels
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team to set direction on sales approach by week
- Ability to effectively communicate both up and across our sales team
- Excellent business communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Proven ability to act with urgency, simplify, think innovatively and effectively solve problems
- Demonstrated level of comfort with financial and data analysis with Excel
- Graduate degree (MBA or wood products)
- SAP or other management experience
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing Primary Location United States Other Locations USA-LA-Simsboro Schedule Full-time Job Level Individual Contributor Job Type Experienced Shift Day (1st) Travel Yes, 20 % of the Time
About the company