- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Los Angeles
Company Name: Ralphs
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Keep all aspects of the store clean including the warehouse, sales floor, back rooms, outside sidewalks, planters, trash cans and lights as well as any other area needed. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Observe all rules and company policies.
• Have knowledge of all cleaning supplies and proper use, and inform management when supplies are needed.
• Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors.
• Be able to clean, strip, wax, deep scrub, burnish and spot mop all areas of the store.
• Once every hour, log floor inspections (sweep sheet) and check restrooms, cleaning when necessary.
• Ensure caution/wet floor cones are in designated positions, stocked with paper towels and kept clean.
• Ensure that mats throughout the store are clean and in proper place.
• Empty trash from sales floor, front end, entrances and restrooms.
• Inspect, sweep, and scrub (if necessary) front sidewalks of the store.
• Respond to all clean-ups quickly and according to proper procedure.
• Ensure janitorial area is clean, organized and the eye wash sink is clean, functional and accessible.
• Maintain mops and buckets for use during day shift.
• Communicate with store manager at the beginning and end of work shift.
• Report any maintenance issues to the person in charge.
• Notify supervisor in advance if problems arise regarding work schedule.
• Acknowledge customers and provide prompt assistance and courteous service.
• Assist in training Handle damaged or spoiled product according to company policy.
• Communicate supply order to Co-Manager. Plan ahead so you don't run out of any supplies.
• Comply fully with all safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular and on-going basis.
• Use and maintain equipment in good working order and report any problems or malfunctions to Management.
• Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Must be 18 years of age.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Jobs at Ralphs: At Ralphs, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they’re part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Ralphs is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Ralphs, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || Los Angeles || 1730 W Manchester Ave || 90047 || Ralphs || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.