- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Portfolio Director will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders in the Pfizer Digital PGS & Enabling Function Client Partner organizations to establish standards, processes and manage IT project demand, lead portfolio prioritization and governance and ensure a smooth transition to the Solution Delivery teams. The Portfolio lead will also be responsible for providing prioritization recommendations and portfolio status reporting and metrics.
- Collaborate with Client Partners and Solution Delivery teams to develop standards and processes and manage project intake, prioritization, governance and reporting
- Develop the Digital master plan for approved projects and commitments including status, financials, interdependencies, issues and risks
- Develop and lead annual planning process to collect new demand and align portfolio to budget targets and company priorities
- Develop project prioritization methodologies to ensure projects being selected are aligned to strategic priorities and are of the highest value
- Prioritize programs and projects based on changing business needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure and interdependencies
- Lead adoption and continuous improvement of the Portfolio and Project Management tools
- Lead governance and portfolio status review meetings
- Develop and provide portfolio dashboards, metrics, reports and investment recommendations
- Support project business case preparation and financials
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of significant experience in Information Technology
- Experience developing and managing enterprise-wide IT portfolio management at a large organization
- Demonstrated project portfolio management skills (project intake, resource demand planning, budget management)
- Knowledge/experience with PPM tools
- Experience with Manufacturing, Finance, HR and Corporate IT projects
- Strong facilitation skills in governance, project reviews, steering, and other project related meetings
- Experience successfully navigating a large matrixed organization and managing multiple stakeholder interests
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent oral, written and overall communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues across all functional areas of Pfizer, including Senior Leadership
- PMP Certification
- Master’s Degree
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 27, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
About the company
Pfizer, is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, New York, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies by revenues.
Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology. Pfizer's products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia); Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil, for erectile dysfunction); and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.