- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Power and Performance Optimization Systems Engineer - 72486
- Power/Performance optimization for Semi Custom APU products
- Develop test plan and execute Power & Performance Testing on Computer Systems
- Debug and troubleshooting system level issues
- Responsible for post-silicon activities related to Power/Performance targets
- Candidate must have working knowledge of CPU, GPU, and system architectures and their implications on system power and performance.
- Knowledge in BIOS, device driver, application software, benchmark software, and how they interact with hardware is preferred.
- Experience with scripting languages: Perl, Python, Ruby
- Hands-on lab experience with a focus on power and performance data collection and analysis.
- Excellent verbal communication and written, presentation skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization and multi-site environment
- An Electrical/Computer Engineering Bachelor's degree plus 5 years, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A Master's degree plus 3 years of experience is acceptable.
- Austin, Texas
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.