- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Auburn Hills
FCA is seeking a talented Quality Reliability Engineer — Powertrain (PT) Software to join the Software Quality and Reliability Engineering team within FCA’s Quality Reliability Organization. This is an instrumental role in the assessment of the requirements and software development reliability strategy for FCA vehicle lines. The candidate must be knowledgeable in reliability testing techniques, software vehicle functions, and root cause analysis as they pertain to the vehicle powertrain systems, including on-board diagnostics and calibration methods and processes.
The selected candidate must be able to assess the PT software development in accordance with Automotive Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (ASPICE) standard and manage the associated risk of new powertrain development programs. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated expertise in automotive PT or EE software (engine, ePT, transmission, transfer cases, vehicle technical requirements release) – design and manufacture, or in a quality – reliability engineering role. This position offers the selected candidate an opportunity to be an integral part of a company whose focus is to change the automotive software landscape.
The PT Software Quality Reliability Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Development and execution of the PT software readiness assessment plan
- Software readiness KPI assessment and how it pertains to PT software
- Support engineering with software system-level test bench planning to ensure system level reliability objectives
- Supporting engineering in root cause analysis of development issues linked to the software test plan
- Presenting software assessment status and program assessment to senior management through the Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan (RAMP) process
- Compiling reports based on PT software quality gate deliverables and reporting on status
- Working with an extended team to mitigate PT software risks that affect vehicle timeline and test plan deliverables
The successful candidate must have experience managing cross-functionally, be a creative problem solver, and steadfast in the identification and resolution of vehicle quality. He/she will have a broad knowledge of the entire automotive engineering, manufacturing and quality landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field of study
- Minimum 5 years of reliability, including experience in part release program management, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis development and facilitation, and problem solving techniques
- Leadership experience
- Masters of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, CRE or CQE
- Design for Six Sigma or Robust Engineering certification (Black Belt, Green Belt)
- Technical requirements release or software calibration engineering experience
- Supervisory experience
About the company
FCA designs, engineers, manufactures, distributes and sells vehicles under the Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat Professional, Jeep, Lancia, Ram brands as well as luxury cars under the Ferrari and Maserati brands. FCA also operates in the components sector, through Magneti Marelli and Teksid, and in the production systems sector, through Comau and in after-sales services and products under the Mopar brand name.