- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-11-08
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and implements policies and procedures specific to the Division consistent with the Department and University rules and compliant with state, federal and professional regulations as well as standard policies and procedures
- Serves as administrative liaison between the business unit, the Department, other University departments, outside agencies and organizations.
- Responsible for the management, supervision, overall professional growth and coordination of activities for support staff and other non-academic staff. Responsible for hiring, terminating, promoting, counseling, completing employee performance appraisals (with appropriate Faculty input) and developing/updating job descriptions as necessary. Responsible for accurate time reports for appropriate support staff. Trains and cross trains new and existing employees.
- Coordinates routine office activity including telephone answering, completing personnel events forms, expense vouchers, requisitions, travel for faculty and staff, and absentee reports. Responsible for attending, fellows' and residents ' on-call schedules and proper coverage for absent support staff during vacations and leaves.
- Responsible for maintaining credentialing for business unit's faculty including hospital/medical staff reappointments for affiliated institutions and those institutions we maintain active business contracts.
- Coordinates private patient referrals and clinic appointments through appropriate support staff and is responsible for charge captures. Maintains billing records for audit purposes. Educates staff on existing and new billing policies and procedures.
- Special projects (e.g., assess inventory equipment/space, legal conferences) and other administrative
- Serves as the departmental liaison with facilities administration and housekeeping to insure that division’s offices/facilities are appropriately maintained.
- Responsible for division’s purchases, monthly reconciliation, echeck processing, and POs
- Contact vendors, get quotes and facilitate contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).Computer literacy to the level of at least word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, follow-through and demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, time management.
Experience:Minimum of 5 years of Dental Office/ Oral / Maxilofacial related experience
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.