- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
Eastman Chemical Company’s Performance Films business is an established leader in specialized films for automotive, architectural and specialty applications. The business has a global footprint, differentiated products, and industry leading brands. The business manufactures and markets products that enhance and complement the performance and aesthetics of installed glazing products, providing heat and energy savings, glare reduction, comfort, UV blocking, and safety and security benefits as well as provide surface protection for original factory paint on autobiles. The business’ go-to-market strategy includes multiple brands and multiple distribution channels aimed at delivering functional and experiential value to both consumers and trade partners. Major brands include LLumar®, V-KOOL®, SunTek® and Gila®.
The role of the Pricing and Business Enablement Manager and his/her global team is to be an enabler for the business to achieve its strategies and goals via: (1) oversight and management of pricing (inclusive of price deviations, sales incentives/rebates/allowances) and contract management and other key business processes, (2) identification and leading productivity projects to improve the business’ efficiency and effectiveness that will result in reduced waste and low-value activities and improvements in processing and decision making speed that balances risks versus rewards and (3) ensuring the organization is operating within business process compliance through well documented and communicated delegation of authorities, decision rights matrixes and policies. Additionally, the Pricing and Business Enablement Manager will also interface with the Corporate Sales Incentive Analyst to ensure that sales incentive/rebate accruals and settlements are set up and managed appropriately to reflect net revenue, protect business and improve variable margin for the business.
The individual must be capable of working in a matrix environment, working closely with sales, marketing, operations, and finance as well as various corporate functions. The individual must also have the ability to sense when to step in and provide leadership, especially in complex situations that cross multiple functional groups. Additionally, the individual will need to having patience to provide on-going coaching and training to individuals towards improving the overall “business enablement” acumen of the organization.
While the successful candidate for the Pricing and Business Enablement Manager role should have the ability to execute on all the responsibilities listed below, the focus and priorities in the business will evolve over time and may vary by regions, brand/segment/regional practices, people, capabilities and market conditions.
Annual Earnings: Maximize/optimize pricing and variable margin at product/customer levels with focus on appropriate and effective value offerings and trade-offs that enables the commercial team to achieve accretive business and protect existing business.
Capabilities/Talent Management: Continual step-change upgrading of the business’ pricing and business enablement acumen and processes to facilitate improved option/choice/scenario development and more effective and faster commercial decision making.
- Be the focal point for price/value-add analysis and recommendations/decisions from Price Deviation Requests, including complex decisions arising from large project bids and limited data, that enables improved pricing choices at the brand/country level. Delegate appropriate level decisions with guardrails to Pricing & Business Enablement Representatives while making recommendations to Global Pricing and Business Enablement Director and/or Commercial Managers/Directors on decisions outside of decision rights or delegation of authority.
- Support the analysis, review and approval of commercial proposals (offering/pricing) as part of sales and supply contract/agreement via Key Principles Documents (KPD) and sales incentives development and execution.
- Use profitability tools on a periodic/formal basis to evaluate product/customer volumes and value-add and sources of increased complexities and margin leakage. Systematically rationalize products/customers, establish pricing targets and floors, and provide guidance for customer and product mix shifts for product managers and commercial teams. Develop and drive programs that can demonstrate long term complexity reduction to enhance asset utilization and overall business profitability.
- In conjunction with the Commercial team and product managers, support defining each region’s brands’ key product family and service offering strategies with emphasis on pricing, value proposition and positioning versus competition, service policies and packaging and delivery system that balances the need and value to the customers in each segment/region.
- Provide guidance on the justification/need for and enable effective execution of mass, regional or surgical pricing adjustments to the Commercial Managers/Directors to meet entitlement objectives and goals.
- Proactively identify and champion price improvement and productivity opportunities within the business, including new and modified pricing tools, processes, concepts, and methods to increase speed of responsiveness and data accuracy, and measurements.
- Equip the commercial team with market/industry information attained from global views and assist with developing approaches for discussions with customers.
- Build capabilities and skills to enable personnel to fulfill pricing roles and responsibilities.
- Lead/facilitate major/minor productivity projects including process mapping, opportunity identification, prioritization and implementation.
Skills and Competencies
- At least 5-8 years of experience in supply chain or business/commercial/product/pricing roles.
- Technical undergraduate degree preferred; MBA a plus.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within a team as well as influence multifunctional and multicultural teams without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to appropriately evaluate situations and make timely business decisions with limited data sets.
- Strategic thinker with a global mindset and international experience.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis (contribution, sensitivity analysis, scenario planning, etc.) with appropriate levels of precision and attention to details to support decisions on product and service offerings.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively drive strategies, projects and programs within a multicultural/global organization.
- Can present strong presence; knows when to get involved and take charge of situations.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- High motivation and results-oriented work ethic.
Ability to travel up to 25% including international.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
- ms project
- safety and security
About the company
Eastman manufactures chemicals, fibers and plastics materials which are used by our customers as key ingredients to make the products that you use every day.