- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced individual to join the WWPS Financial Services Team. WWPS FinServ is part of a global sales team and is responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of AWS’s most complex and high impact customer engagements, and developing market segments. This includes managing relationships and negotiations which may be unconventional in nature, need a centralized advocate, and/or have broader implications to multiple AWS business units. We regularly work with major technology companies as well as high-growth start-ups to identify new opportunities. You will be required to handle multiple projects that may span a variety of business categories including financial regulators, government-owned/sponsored entities, central banks, systems integrators, and other partners. You will be forward-thinking and effectively negotiate engagements that benefit AWS.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon, and you will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, where new market segments and solutions should be created, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful analysis, but are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making. Executing strategic initiatives for global expansion in the public sector financial services agencies is our primary objective.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about cloud computing and the future of technology. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective negotiator is a critical part of this job. WWPS FinServ is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of AWS’s businesses.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
· Take the lead to identify, evaluate, negotiate, and manage large complex opportunities that can involve marketing, content, sales, contracting, and technology components.
· Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of the technical solutions.
· Lead cross-functional teams including local account teams, product, operations, engineering, legal, finance, tax, accounting, and senior management to execute on the relationships.
· Develop best practices to foster, manage, track opportunities, and replicated by other sales organizations across the world.
· Support the strategic objectives and interests of AWS’s business teams on a global basis.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
· Proven technology business development, investment banking, or venture investing experience in a corporate or financial services environment.
· End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful sales process such as large scale deals, complex transactions in government procurement and contracting, and strategic technology relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
· Demonstrated experience with IT, cloud, financial technologies.
· 7+ years in technology business development, investment banking, or venture investing experience in a corporate or financial services environment.
· Demonstrated experience presenting to the customer