- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Principal C++ DeveloperClearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT) within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. This group also supports the company's market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms.
We are seeking a talented Senior Level C++ Developer to join our core OTC derivatives team. In this role, you will help design, develop, and implement our applications to support front office, operations and asset servicing groups. You will work cross-functionally with various stakeholders, trading teams, and technology departments to ensure our applications are running at optimal performance.
- Build, design, and operate mission-critical systems that are dependent on financial market transitions and support day to day enhancements across front office, Operations and Asset Servicing
- Design and develop core components in C++
- Responsible for working with various teams on core trading software infrastructure
- Collaborate with quantitative group, Model Valuation Group and traders to design and test trading models
- Create and implement system testing procedures
Principal Developer- Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor'sdegree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalentwork experience required
- 10-12years of experience in software development required
- Solid understanding of Linux System,can do efficient, reliable programming
- Strong proficiency with VC++, GNU,or Intel C/C++ compilers, SQL and Git
- Proficiency in understandingmessaging frameworks - MQ/ Kafka/ ZMQ
- Proficiency in FpML / XML
- Solid understanding of CPUarchitecture and cache analysis.
- Strong Familiarity with testingframeworks
- Strong familiarity with common tools(make, git, Visual Studio, bjam, valgrind, unittest, gdb, etc)
- Knowledge of OTC derivative productsand Summit or equivalent Systems needed
- Previous experience designing andimplementing new systems and features independently
- Developed market data feeds andfeeds to downstream systems for payments, settlements, collateral management
- Understanding of life cycle eventsaround OTC derivatives
- Should have knowledge around SEFs (SwapExecution Facilities) , OTF ( Organized Trading Facility ), MTF ( Multilateraltrading facility ) and MarkiTWire
- Understanding of regulatorylandscape from a developer perspective
- Brings production support experienceand can troubleshooting issues under pressure
- Previous experience with applicationprofiling and debugging
- Familiarity with common frameworks VisualStudio, Java, Python, and Perl
- Experiencein the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1915082