- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Principal Enterprise Application Engineer
- Execute on TRLs (Technical Readiness Levels) using industry benchmarking, Aviation engineering domain knowledge, and personal expertise to drive excellence in Product solutions for the Engineering Division and Division CIO.
- Lead and mentor peer’s, build and maintain relationship across the DT technical community.
- As a senior member of the organization, team with the Engineering CIO and Staff in leading enterprise application system level design and roadmaps.
- Ensure that Platforms/Products support the Engineering Division and present a modern, integrated, contemporary user experience
Principal Enterprise Application Engineer position will be responsible for owing business process architecture(s) for GE Aviation Engineering division and designing integrated, system level platforms. Strategize and influence engineering division product roadmaps and central digital product (related to engineering) roadmaps, to ensure robust integrated designs for engineering digital systems and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Strong Aviation Engineering Process and Domain experience.
- Able to lead and architect GE Aviation Engineering applications, providing integrated, robust solutions.
- Participates in product strategy development by considering product roadmap, opportunity identification, value cases and anticipated or planned GE business innovation and transformation.
- Understands GE Aviation Engineering business requirements and able to align with current and planned architectures. Continually assesses requirements and anticipates the future impact to architecture requirements.
- Is a lead contributor to architecture standards and continually works to improve it.
- Participates with senior business leaders and subject matter authorities in defining strategies and courses of action that will impact the enterprise.
- Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
- Takes a holistic perspective. Envisions, compares and contrasts multiple potential strategic consequences of actions. Empathizes with and can articulate multiple points of view.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in re-engineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.