- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sams Technology is spearheading the transformation of Sam’s Club from traditional warehouse retailer to the best Membership service our Members would love to have. This is made possible by a group of extremely talented engineers and a culture that promotes innovation and agility. Infrastructure is the backbone of all these innovations, whether it is in Edge computing, Mobility, or Networking. The Infrastructure Team is not only responsible for enabling this for our associates, but also the members who shop with us. If this thrills you and you’d like to be part of this group, bring your vision, knowledge, and passion, and apply it to some of the most challenging problems that will transform the Retail Industry.
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
Ensures business needs are being met
Leads alignment between network and hardware security and technical execution strategies
Leads network penetration testing process and solution development
Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Troubleshoots and leads the development and implementation of network and hardware security risk solutions
Bachelor of Science and 7 years network engineering experience OR Master of Science and 6 years network engineering experience OR PhD and 3 years network engineering experience.
• 6 years' experience designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business.
• 6 years' experience designing, leading, and implementing medium to large scale network projects (both LAN and WiFi). Knowledge of WAN and associated protocols.
• 6 years' experience in production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations.
• Strong Scripting Skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.)
• Demonstrates Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle and associated tools for source code management like Git, and build systems like Jenkins.
• Strong Knowledge of IP Networking including VPN, SDN, DNS, Load-balancing, and Firewalls
• Demonstrable experience with Spectrum Analysis and WiFi opetimization.
• Demonstrable experience with Network Protocol Analysis for both Wired and WiFi networks. Deep understanding on various Network Protocols.
• 6 years' experience troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions.
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.