- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
If you are a developer at heart that thinks about how to make developer tools better, this is the place for you. The .NET Developer tools team is a customer obsessed team responsible for building the tools that empower .NET developers to build Web, Azure, and Desktop applications using C#, Visual Basic, and F# on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The .NET Tools team is looking for a PM Manager for our developer tools that enable .NET developers to build and deploy .NET applications using the tools and operating systems of choice. This is a highly visible position with large impact and growth potential.
As the PM manager for .NET tools you will be responsible for business and technical problems including supporting Microsoft's platform and runtime initiatives by shipping tools in Visual Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, Visual Studio Code, and the .NET SDK and CLI. You will define quarterly and annual business goals, and perform experiments to help achieve those goals. You will be responsible for setting the bar for how to execute on your vision while also growing and mentoring a talented team of Program Managers.
Our team is highly collaborative, and very customer focused. We work together closely within our team and the broader Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, and .NET organizations, and dig in with real customers regularly using phone calls, conferences, and research studies to inform our plans.
We're looking for someone who:
- Can mentor their reports and help them grow their careers
- Enjoys solving difficult user experience problems and can drive solutions across multiple teams
- Has a data-centric and customer focused approach to delivering customer scenarios
- Has a passion for collaboration and negotiation
- Loves to dig in and learn new development technologies by trying things including actually writing code
- Is able to deliver solutions for complex and ambiguous problems