- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Change the way that shoppers browse and discover new products on Amazon by taking the lead on the shopper experience for #FoundItOnAmazon. We are looking for a candidate who can think big to improve the upper funnel browsing experience on Amazon and who's interested in running tests and making data-driven decisions to improve the product.
As Principal PMT for the shopper experience, you will focus on drive product thinking from strategy to feature definition, UX design, implementation, and metrics-driven iteration. You will work with engineering and design teams to create and deliver the product roadmap, partner across Amazon to deliver results, and gain executive buy in and trust.
To succeed, you will need to be creative, agile, and obsessed with customers and the latest consumer products and technologies. You will also need to be highly data-driven, but have the experience and judgment to know when and where to apply data.
You will be managing disruptive new consumer features, and supporting both frontend and backend engineers as well as applied scientists.
You are our ideal candidate if you have real-world consumer product development experience and are interested not just in designing products, but shipping customer-facing products that will be used by millions of people every day.This is the perfect opportunity for somebody who enjoys a creative, fast-paced environment, has strong bias for action, and prefers owning projects from end to end.
A proven track record of shipping big new ideas, with demonstrated end-to-end ownership and results.
· Minimum 7 years of industry experience as a product manager
· Demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements.
· Experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline - Computer Science preferred.
· Technical fluency; can understand and discuss web architecture and technologies, gauge complexity of a planned feature, make schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate roadmap timeframes with technical team members.
· Demonstrated success in managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.