- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrives, do you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from? How much did it cost? Or how Amazon does it at such high scale? If so, the Amazon Transportation Optimization Team is for you. We own and build large scale distributed systems that processes millions of requests per second and evaluates thousands of transportation routes for each request to determine when and how to ship items from Amazon’s warehouses to customers in the most optimal way.
When customers place orders, our systems use real time, large scale optimization techniques to optimally choose where to ship from and how to consolidate multiple orders so that customers get their shipments on time or faster with the lowest possible transportation costs. This team is focused on modeling true transportation carrier capabilities and leveraging this at scale and speed to enable large number of business initiatives for new and innovative delivery experiences like preferred day delivery, scheduled delivery, bulk delivery, etc. that delights our customers, sets new industry standards, and raises the bar for customer experience.
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Principal Product Manager - Technical to innovate and enhance our transfer network optimization and management products. You will gather business requests from our worldwide customers and prioritize product roadmaps based on entitlement and automation benefits. You will be the single threaded product owner for a suite of products that save hundreds of millions annually. This role is high visibility with widespread cost impact. You will use data and critical thinking to drive alignment across senior leaders across organizations on your product vision.
This role might be for you if:
· You have experience in owning a suite of products and defining long-term product strategy and vision.
· You possess strong business acumen with strategic, analytical, and critical thinking.
· You understand technical software development life cycle and have knowledge on Machine Learning models to drive research teams towards business solutions.
· You excel in owning and driving the development of technical products.
· You drive strategic product communications across organizations providing clarity in decisions.
In this job, you will:
· Work with Senior Engineers and Research Scientists across multiple teams and business stakeholders to design and build highly available and scalable systems for developing and managing Amazon’s transfer network.
· Use Lean Software Development processes such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban.
· Drive strategic upward product communications (e.g., decision narratives, investment proposals) internally or externally in multiple organizations.
· Identify business opportunities to expand, automate, or optimize Amazon’s Supply Chain.
· Drive alignment on product features, business metrics, and business strategies.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor/Masters degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related fields.
· 8+ years of professional experience in engineering or product management.
· Demonstrated experience in influencing, negotiating, and collaborating across multiple Sr. Leadership teams in a large organization.
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new feature sets.
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.