- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Love Books? Excited about Advertising technology? Join the Self Service Performance Advertising (SSPA) team at Amazon focused on building the next generation of advertising products for the Books vertical. Amazon is investing in technology to unleash superior funnel insights with the purpose of driving return on investment for all advertisers, while powering a better shopping experience with more relevant ads for Amazon retail customers. We are doing this with innovative advertising experiences, both free and paid products, all backed by Amazon's scale and commitment to customer experience.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor for what is becoming a core part of the overall Amazon business strategy. Online advertising includes the highest levels of challenge on the technical side, with high transactional loads, big data, modeling, cross-stack product and UX design, combined and directly connected with a marketplace of supply and demand. It is a very high stakes, competitive industry, which attracts the highest level of research and engineering investments. Amazon is just getting started, and there is a lot of opportunity for seasoned talent to come in and significantly shape how advertising based monetization of ecommerce property takes shape on the web. The work developed in the team will become part of the “secret sauce” and core business playbook at the company level.
We are looking for an outstanding product leader that that has experience managing large-scale global products, has a track record for developing a vision, defining a strategy and building programs and features from the ground up. The candidate must be able to influence across multiple company organizations, be an exceptionally strong communicator and analytic thinker and have a history of delivering results. This person will have solved complicated problems with elegant, simple solutions. He/she must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytic talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role
As a member of the SSPA Books Ads team you will be both influential in building this business and have visibility across a wide range of other product, engineering and business programs impacting all channels. We are looking for someone who has good judgment, can bring structure to undefined problems, easily move been the nitty-gritty details and the big picture while moving fast.
· Develop the roadmap and drive product development
· Successfully launch and ramp the product and features World Wide
· Drive UX definition, design, and Working Backwards to the product requirements.
· Own the feature definition and roadmap development and prioritization
· Meet with customers and convert their feedback into concrete product improvements and milestones.
· Unblock and expedite multiple engineering teams.
· Define business metrics and guide the broader display business with data. Represent the quality and growth of creatives in organization-wide business reviews and documents.
· Create effective mechanisms for understanding feature level opportunities.
· Establish and measure success criteria in ambiguous areas like performance optimization.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years of experience in e-commerce, technology or digital sector including 5+ years of product management experience
· Demonstrable experience in technical product management
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Ability to establish and manage your business to a set of key metrics and goals
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.