- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Principal, Quality Engineer, Audience Studio
Operations & Technology
As a member of the Audience Studio Product Engineering Team, the Principal, Quality Engineer, Audience Studio will be directly responsible for quality engineering practices, test framework and scripts, and execution of software & data testing regarding the platform and products for NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio. NBCUniversal’s audience management products will enable NBCUniversal to better understand its brand’s audiences such as NBC News, Bravo, The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, and USA Network as well as audiences that cross brands. The goal is to ensure we know who is watching what, where and when. In turn enabling NBCUniversal’s sales teams to properly align our audiences with the market advertisements that can benefit them the most.
You’re a big thinker who can analyze and evangelize a long range opportunity, architect a ground breaking solution, and roll-up your sleeves to get code out the door when needed. You are data driven and analytical. You understand the concept of a value proposition and evaluation criteria, and you know how to align them with low level milestones to get the work done. You can apply domain knowledge from one technical subject, in order to quickly ramp and deliver on a new one. You know how to learn from failure until you succeed, and you are able to articulate and quantify the reasons for your decisions.
You will be part of the Audience Studio Quality Engineering team, participating in the platform and products that will drive both current and future data management initiatives within NBCUniversal’s Audience Studio group.
Serve as a principal quality engineer for audience studio data products.
Develop and code the testing services that is core to Audience Studio, under the leadership of the Chief Architect
Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Bachelor¹s degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5-10+ years of software development experience, as a quality engineer or manager
• Proven working experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
• Experience with Big data testing methodology a big plus
• Experience with Jira a must
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.