- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our Research Scientists are our Inventors. We identify and target steps in disease mechanisms or pathways that could be inhibited or enhanced. Our goal is to isolate a compound that is effective against a disease target. Using innovative thinking, state-of-the-art facilities and robust scientific methodology we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough.
We are recruiting a Principal Scientist to join the Oncology Genomics and Analytics (OGA) team, helping to advance our Company’s Discovery Oncology portfolio. This position will leverage our Company’s deep collection of clinical genomic and functional genomic data, along with cutting-edge techniques for mining high-dimensional, multi-modal data sets, to help discover and validate oncology and immuno-oncology (I/O) targets.
The Principal Scientist will build a strategically-focused group, and will partner in shaping the role and direction of genomics and data science across our Company's Oncology/IO portfolio. Based in Boston, MA, the Principal Scientist will operate in a highly collaborative environment, partnering with peers on site, at our Company's other locations, and in the broader scientific community. Travel of up to 10% may be required.
In This Exciting Role, You Will:
- Mentor outstanding bioinformatics scientists responsible for rigorous analysis of genomic data
- Integrate large-scale genetic/genomic/functional genomic data sets, including exciting and unique proprietary data, to identify druggable vulnerabilities in cancer pathways and in tumor-immune interactions.
- Expand our Company’s capabilities in machine learning and artificial intelligence for the analysis of high-dimensional biological data
- Leverage existing and develop new external collaborations with academia and industry partners
- Engage with internal peers in diverse areas – oncology biology, immunology, IT, pharmacology, chemistry, chemical biology, biologics
- Clearly communicate results to colleagues on target discovery teams, our Company's computational biology community and scientific community more broadly, and the external scientific community through internal documents, presentations, and publications in leading journals
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Ph.D. or M.D., plus a minimum of 7 years’ (post-degree) experience conducting cutting-edge research in computational biology or a relevant related area of data science
Required Experience and Skills:
- Fluency in cancer genetics and/or tumor immunology
- Expertise in fundamental approaches to genomic data analysis
- Familiarity with machine learning approaches to the analysis of high-dimensional biology data
- Ability to write analysis code (preferably in R), script (preferably in Python) and to implement best practices for data analysis
- Strong ability to work and influence in complex organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain productive cross-site and high caliber external collaborations.
- Ability to create partnerships with key stakeholders
Preferred Experience And Skills:
- Experience working in collaborative target discovery teams
- Familiarity with drug discovery across multiple modalities (e.g., small molecule, biologic, cell-based therapy)
- Experience hiring and mentoring top talent
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
About the company