- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SAIC is seeking a Principal Software Configuration Analyst in Charleston, SC to support SAIC’s health analytics/health informatics technologies team and build/implement breakthrough solutions that help improve healthcare delivery for millions of active, reserve and retired military and their beneficiaries worldwide. We’re seeking individuals who know and understand healthcare delivery, advanced health data analytics, healthcare electronic records end to end. We need experienced healthcare focused professionals who know and understand the importance of improving electronic healthcare records and healthcare records management.The Principal Software Configuration Analyst responsibilities can include:
- Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed software and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
- Supports the source change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software
- Supports the software quality assurance process audits
- Works with DevOps Team to build, test and deploy software releases
- Administers and maintain version control software
- Develops software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- Trains software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Qualifications
REQUIRED Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Administration of software version control, change management tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, GIT, .NET, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
- Experienced with shell scripting in LINUX, UNIX, or Windows. (i.e. Power Shell, Ansible, Ruby, or PERL).
- Experience with AWS cloud environment.
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and Release Train Engineering principles.
- Experience working in an agile environment on a DevOps Team.
- Ability to work independently while able to support team goals and communicate program activities.
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance DESIRED
- Understanding of HIPPAA Rules and Regulations.
- Prior experience working in the healthcare industry and familiarity with health terminology.
- Experience in Health Systems Data such as Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Military Health (MHS) systems.
- Previous experience with any of the following systems is highly preferred:
- Composite Health Care System – CHCS
- Surgical Scheduling System - S3
- Anesthesia Reporting Monitoring Device - ARMD
- Armed Forces health Longitudinal Technology Application -AHLTA/Clinical Data Repository - CDR
- CISCM - Certified International SW Configuration Manager or equivalent.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
About the company