- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Principal Scientific Computing /Sr. Principal Scientific Computing – Multiple openings
The digital revolution is changing everything, especially in pharmaceuticals where we are collecting more data in our clinical trials than ever before. The question is, what do we do with it? At Novartis, we have over 20 years of untapped data waiting to be explored – thereby unlocking the secrets of the next breakthrough in innovative medicines for patients in need. We are forming a new Scientific Computing and Consulting team that has the opportunity to reimagine how Novartis handles its clinical trial data by enabling the use of state of the art computing infrastructure, leveraging advanced visualization software solutions to dynamically explore our data in an interactive and collaborative manner.
• Leverage tools such as R and R-Shiny to build advanced visual analytics tools to dynamically and interactively explore data in collaboration with clinical teams to provide a more rich and meaningful interpretation of the data
• Our strategy is to develop a framework that will lower the complexity for associates to generate applications for their own project work.
o Knowledge of D3, htmlwidgets and R2D3, as well as skills in Python, SAS, C, C++ are considered a plus!
• Drive the evaluation of business technology, scientific software, novel visualization tools, automated data provisioning pipelines and computation infrastructure improve, increase and enhance the quality and efficiency of Novartis drug development
• Provide a tight link with the IT organization. Uses influencing skills to ensure infrastructure and decisions made on IT systems meet the needs of the business, i.e. enable the business for the delivery of complex analytics
• Provide software tools and IT infrastructure solutions to enable Quantitative Sciences to work efficiently and effectively to deliver on tasks and make quantitative decisions to trial and or project level activities including dynamic solutions to proactively explore data and deeply characterize patients
• Incorporate evidence from sources of big data (e.g. genomics, biomarkers, digital technology, sensors, imaging and real world evidence)
• Supports the implementation, communication and education of innovative data interrogation / visualization methods
• Builds collaborative working relationships and communicates effectively with Quantitative Sciences partners along with clinical teams promote a greater mindset where associates may leverage each other’s skills in an open and transparent manner
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.
•PhD or Masters in computer science, data sciences, software engineering, bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, systems engineering, IT infrastructure, biostatistics preferred
•At least 1 year of experience with application of innovative software, data science, or influencing IT on infrastructure within a drug development setting preferred
(Principal – at least 1 year of experience; Senior Principal – at least 3 years’ of experience)
•Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.