- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Principal User Experience Analyst-User Experience DesignerAs a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech. At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and thebusiness. The members of the Information Security Division are on constantalert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology andbusiness processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In thisfast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, whileidentifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompassthe full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber ThreatIntelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, PenetrationTesting & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) toCyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and ApplicationsSecurity). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff providea robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and responsecapabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses,the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurityrisk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secureenvironment that drives innovation.
Principal User Experience Analyst:
Acts as principal UX subject matter expert to perform and provide guidance and technical expertise for all, especially the most complex, user experience activities including user research and testing, interactive design, and visual design.
Provides comprehensive consultation to management and staff related to user research, usability testing, surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations.
Reviews documentation of research findings presented to product and development teams.
Defines and reviews new and modified user personas.
As subject matter expert, actively participates and provides guidance in the creation of concepts, information architecture, user interface designs, wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and specifications to meet project schedules.
Leads the implementation of visual styles that support platform branding to increase user effectiveness.
Consults on and interprets user feedback and insights to improve the user experience.
Serves as reviewer of usability activities and artifacts to ensure software applications meet customer expectations for use.
Provides UX expertise to the product definition and evaluation process utilizing multiple sources of information (field work, interviews, internet, intranet, market data/literature).
Acts as principal consult and leads the creation and updating of user interface and visual design guidelines and standards.
Advocates the user experience across the firm and facilities training for groups outside the UX team.
Ensures that the developed/revised product achieves the user's specified goals by establishing user-centered analysis, design, best practices, and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
We are looking for a Principal/Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing, fast-paced User Experience Design team in a Strategic role.
In this position, the candidate will work with key internal clients to provide broad user experience strategy, and design innovative, engaging and effective digital experiences. To be considered, a candidate should possess the ability to think strategically, create vision and communicate such vision effectively. She/he will have significant experience leading a team of designers, have deep knowledge of interaction, information and visual design principles, can offer hands-on design skills at the expert level and can coach various stakeholders in user-centered design best practices, processes, and creating vision. Key Responsibilities: Work with business and technology stakeholders at strategic and tactical levels to design the user experience for various initiatives across multiple channels. Responsibilities include understanding business and user needs, setting up UX roadmaps and planning, performing UX design tasks at the individual level, and coordinating cross-functional teams of UX Designers, Visual Designers and Front-end Developers to deliver tangible outcomes. The Senior Designer will:
- Contribute as an individual across the User Experience Design Arc
- User Research and Analysis (Personas, Journey Maps, Task Analysis, Contextual Inquiry etc.)
- Information Architecture (Taxonomy, Site Structure, Navigation Design, Information Design)
- Interaction Design (Interaction Models, Patterns and Behaviors, Wireframe concepts, High Fidelity prototypes)
- Visual Design, Specifications and Style Guides
- Usability Testing (Test Planning, Test Script development, Conducting Remote and Lab-based usability tests)
- Contribute to overall UX strategy
- Guide UX Designers, provide design critiques
- Partner with development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation through the delivery cycle
- Communicate and demonstrate the value and rationale of design decisions to business and technology partners through outreach.
Preferred Qualifications, experience and skills:
- 10-12 years' experience as an experience designer, information architect, interaction designer, or equivalent
- 3-4 years of the above experience in a leadership/supervisory position overseeing and delivering design solutions as a team leader, and setting design agendas with business leadership
- Degree from a reputable institution in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Architecture, Digital Media or Human Factors Engineering
- Deep knowledge of the User Experience Design process
- Comprehensive experience in designing highly transactional websites and web-based applications
- Experience designing for mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, responsive design)
- Experience using web analytics, user insights to inform design decisions
- Hands-on design skills from wireframes to finished UX prototypes
- Skilled in User Research and interpretive discovery methods
- Experience with both traditional solution delivery methodologies, and rapid, iterative methods such as Agile and Lean
- Experience with creative direction, emphasizing user "engagement" with both internal and external design teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, decentralized environment
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects in a compressed timeline, resolving competing priorities
- Good command over UX tools like Sketch, Adobe XD, Axure, design tools like Adobe Creative Suite and various UX prototyping tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of Formative and Summative UX testing protocols and use of industry standard UX testing tools
- Visual Design skills
- A portfolio submission will be requested from candidates who are shortlisted from an initial screening to be considered further
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45192
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1914259
- ms project