- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working under limited supervision, provides advanced engineering, sales, educational and technical support in response to more complex field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving EP products. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence and will be perceived as a proven leader/mentor in the region. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager. Technical proficiencies and performance are at the highest level of all Clinical Specialists in the region.
1. Acts as the most senior clinical interface between the medical community and business.
2. Demonstrates ability to build and sustain credible business relationships with customers and shares product expertise accordingly.
3. Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
4. Provides engineering, sales, education and clinical support in response to the most complex field inquiries on a 24-hour, on-call basis. Demonstrates a thorough command of all EP products, related product and technical knowledge, trends and players.
5. Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on EP products to healthcare professionals
6. Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products
7. Provides regional EP implant case coverage to defined accounts, and the accounts typically have EP share higher than national average.
8. Provides additional back-up support to EP Sales Representatives in the following areas:
a. Sales support;
b. Regional training seminars;
c. Clinical studies/data collection;
d. Trouble Shooting; and,
e. New product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
9. Mentors and provides leadership to EP clinical support roles.
10. Continuously develops engineering, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Arrhythmia Management strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and management.
Other Duties: Number and list any important but non-essential and/or infrequent duties performed.
1. Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
2. Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
3. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
4. Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
5. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Bio-Medical Engineering, related field or equivalent healthcare experience required. Requires ability to become certified on SJMSC EP products. A minimum of seven plus years in a clinical role and/or increasingly responsible experience in the cardiac pacing or electro-physiology and related industries. Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, electro-physiology, or cardiac electro-physiology procedures. Familiarity with the cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of cardiac pacing systems is necessary. Must apply engineering skills and abilities to interpret and solve complex clinical problems. Must have comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Must have the ability to concentrate on detail and work independently. Must be able to work effectively with engineers, clinical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively. Must possess comprehensive personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.