- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Santa Clara
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The Privacy Officer is a new role that will be responsible for supporting the implementation and administration of Apple’s privacy program for the Apple Wellness Centers. The Privacy Officer will report to Apple’s Privacy Legal Office.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of health and general privacy laws, requirements and industry best practices. The Privacy Officer will have responsibility for the development and management of the Apple Wellness Center’s privacy program.
Key responsibilities will include:
• establishing, overseeing and monitoring a privacy program
• coordinating internal and external investigations, compliance reviews and monitoring activities
• identifying and communicating potential risks areas with leadership
• ensuring that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with,
pertinent federal and state privacy standards
• staying informed of and properly communicating any changes to or developments in privacy laws,
regulations, standards, and guidance
• JD preferred
• Minimum of 6 years privacy experience, with a particular focus on HIPAA and research laws
• Experience conducting ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with other compliance and operational assessment functions
• Ability to drive results in diverse fast pace environments
• Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications
• Ability to lead, take action and provide goal oriented direction in the face of ambiguity
• Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills with attention to detail
• Team player with ability to partner at all levels of the organization
About the company
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, the Mac and Apple Watch. Apple’s three software platforms — iOS, OS X and watchOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Specialties: Innovative product development, world class operations, Retail, Telephone Support.