- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Peters
Your Career. Made Better. Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital offers full inpatient services, including 24-hour physician-staffed emergency, pediatric, obstetric and intensive-care coverage. The hospital also has a Siteman Cancer Center location on campus.
At Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hosiptal, every decision is made in the best interest of patients and families. The Pastoral Care team provides direct patient/family care and spiritual consultation regarding spiritual issues and ethics and learning opportunities to the community at large ie grief support.
Join Us! Role Purpose
Provides spiritual care, short term counseling, worship leadership, education and other religious support to patients, families and staff as members of the interdisciplinary care team.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families.
- Provides consultation to other members of the care team regarding spiritual issues and resources in patient and family care and regarding ethics.
- Provides direct pastoral care to staff and physicians, as needed, complementing staff support services provided by others.
- Contributes to the field of professional spiritual care by conducting and reporting research, publishing and providing workshops at professional meetings. Minimum Requirements
- Master's Degree - Theology/related Experience
- Supervisor Experience
- No Experience Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Licenses & Certifications
- 1 Unit ACPE CPE or equiv
- Board Chaplain APC,NACC,AJC
- Ordination or eligible Benefits StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
.Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Legal Statement The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer