- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Flowery Branch
Apply now »
Process Lead (8 Hour Day Shift)
LOCATION: Flowery Branch, GA, US, 30542
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 211871
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Title: Process Lead
Shift: Day Shift-8 Hour Process Lead Position
Must also be responsible for all three shifts pending site need (i.e. sometimes will be required to come in early or stay late).
The Process Lead is the owner of data collection systems for their respective line. Line performance metrics are collected and analyzed on a daily, weekly, period, and quarterly basis. From this information, plans are developed to address top losses and improve overall line performance, to ensure the line meets or exceeds factory targets.
The Process Lead is also technical resource, providing coaching and guidance within the Mars Supply Excellence (MSE) systems, as well as execution of the Centerline Daily management Systems.
• Analyzes adherence to an effectiveness of centerline; identifies targets and adjusts targets as necessary to maintain sheet specifications (sheet weight, dimensions, etc.)
• Subject Matter Expert on CIL and centerlines in assigned area.
• Collects and evaluates line data (including line performance, anomalies, stops history, etc.) to identify and prioritize loss and efficiency improvement opportunities.
• Leads root cause analysis along with Maintenance Lead on chronic stops to pinpoint top losses and create mitigation plans to address those losses.
• Provides technical expertise to line team regarding Autonomous Maintenance (AM) systems and implementation.
• Assist operators with developing strategies to respond to out of control situations.
• Tracks and analyzes performance metrics to ensure the line is performing according to glide
path and department goals.
• Assists with creation of 90 Day Plan (along with Line Lead and Maintenance Lead), which
includes action plan to attack top losses.
• Facilities Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meeting along with Line Lead-discuss and establish
plan for the day (Planned Stops, maintenance activities, top losses in past 24 hours)
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Two year Associates or Technical degree
5+ years of technical experience within a TPM/Technical Environment.
Knowledge and experience with SAP, MS Tools: Word, Excel, PPT
Demonstrated experience in leading
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States