- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Flowery Branch
Apply now »
Processing Operator-Gum (8 Hour Night Shift)
LOCATION: Flowery Branch, GA, US, 30542
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 211255
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Job Title: Processing Operator
Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia, USA
Date: January 2016
The Processing Operator is responsible for operating automated and/or manual manufacturing equipment used to produce sheeted gum following the established manufacturing procedures and prescribed formulas with exactness.
• Perform general housekeeping duties including cleaning out blenders, extruders and hoppers, cleaning the conveyor belts and mixers as well as vacuuming excess ingredients around the processing equipment.
• Maintain physical inventories of ingredients by completing SAP transaction
• Prepare small ingredients for mixing gum
• Move loaded or empty barrels of trim and ingredients weigh and dump ingredients, operate blenders and other processing equipment.
• Frequently stage bulk ingredients and ensure the proper functions of the delivery system.
• Complete frequent observation of work-in-process and the completion of required recording, such as Quality Control Point sheets.
• Competent in SAP and frequently complete transactions to transfer base and flavor ingredients to the proper storage location.
Independently operate processing machines and produce a quality gum product in a team-based environment.
• This position will be required to cross train in various positions in the processing department
High school diploma or equivalent
2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Basic math skills required to calculate ingredients
Participate as a team player in accomplishing all company goals and objectives
Mixing or related experience preferred .
Frequent handling loaves of gum (60 lbs.)
Frequent lifting/carrying of containers (40lbs.)
Frequent handling of flavor barrels (100-200 lbs.)
Frequent handling/ rolling of flavor drums (400 lbs.)
Drive for Results
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States