- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job ID: 153972
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group Inc. established in 1912, is one of the largest heavy civil engineering contractors in the industry, and we are continuing to grow! Due to continued and rapid growth within our Joint Ventures department, we are looking for a Procurement Administrator. Based out of the Woodbridge, ON project office, this position will report to the on-site Procurement Manager.
You will be a successful addition to Dufferin Construction if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Have a solid background in providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
Responsibilities: CRH18 #LI-SS1
- Purchase specialized equipment and materials for use in special projects in civil construction projects
- Assess requirements for the project and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Monitor progress and contact suppliers to resolve problems
- Follow and implement all company Procurement Processes/Policies
- Monitor the prequalification process for subcontractors
- Evaluation of vendors/subcontractor RFQ when required
- Review/Audit Purchase Orders and Subcontracts to ensure compliance with the company policies and procedures
- Maintain Delegation of Authority
- Work with buyers to ensure all technical specifications, Quality Assurance & Health and Safety requirements are included in all requisitions generated and approved by appropriate personnel, prior to issuing to vendors as an RFQ, Purchase Order (PO)
- Negotiate with suppliers, establish price, delivery, quantity, payments, scope of work and change orders, where applicable
- Expand the existing preferred supplier base within the company
- Investigate and resolve any issues with purchase orders and vendor invoices when buyers require assistance
- Monitor Advise supervisors of deficiencies and ways to correct the deficiencies
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Civil Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- 3 - 5 years of progress experience in a procurement role within the Civil or ICI industry.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or working towards is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and MS Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong customer orientation.
Why work for us?
- With parent companies in the U.S. and Ireland, your growth potential is limitless!
- Work with a team of dedicated professionals who are there to support your professional growth!
- Flexible benefits plans, Defined Contribution pension plan, annual bonuses and merit-based increases ensure that your hard work and dedication will be rewarded!
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada's diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- customer service