- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Job Description :
Procurement Category Specialist, Consumer Marketing
New York City
Organization: Reports to Director, Consumer Marketing Procurement
Purpose of the role:
North America Marketing Procurement delivers significant contribution towards Diageo North America business, productivity and growth goals. The Consumer Marketing category is seeking an individual who will deliver significant value for our business and ensure that Diageo’s Marketing investment is utilized to fuel brand growth.
These categories are important to the overall delivery of our AOP, with varying stakeholder needs, and key relationships across several levels. The prime accountability for the role is to drive value through ensuring the commercial elements of spend in this category are executed brilliantly with our vendors. This role will lead sourcing decisions with key stakeholders and will support the delivery of value, while reducing risk, to support the deliver and quality for all areas.
This role will bring procurement and marketing experience to the team, enhancing our understanding of the supplier landscape, innovations, technologies and processes, that deliver value and reduce risks. The role will provide input into key areas such as Innovation and Sponsorships and will support the Category Managers in execution, financial analysis, supplier capabilities, value chain efficiencies, effective and efficient project management. We are seeking a candidate that can contribute to determining how value is captured and how we measure the value.
The core activities/deliverables of this role are:
- A solid understanding of the industry landscape, business trends and how to navigate is essential.
- Strong commercial acumen and judgement; creating value. Strong financial skills.
- Experience of establishing agency partnerships and the how to structure deals in this area.
- Strong project, operational and change management capabilities.
- Proven ability to develop team profile as an authentic business partner in a global business
- Building and sustaining trust and credibility with stakeholders and the team, quickly.
- Development & execution of Innovation and Sponsorship category strategies
- Demonstration of personal accountability for great performance and brilliant execution
- Collaborates and develops strong relationships with Marketing and Finance in Diageo North America and NA / Global Procurement colleagues to drive the continuous improvement agenda.
- Develop and execute yearly annual operating plan that meets / exceeds value delivery targets.
- Jointly set objectives with stakeholders, undertake agency business reviews to reflect achievements against established KPI’s, analyse performance and skill gaps and actively manage continuous performance. Collaboratively identify development needs and action plans.
- Deliver the category program(s) through great execution under his/her area of responsibility
- Deliver excellence benefits through sourcing, demand management, supplier relationship management, contract management, and supplier development and supplier innovation.
- Key interface with stakeholders ensuring full engagement to maximize commercial advantage, minimize risk and assuring quality of delivery and performance.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and compliance consistently.
Complexity of the Role:
- Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Management and collaboration across multiple departments
- Fast paced delivery
- Requires financial knowledge to understand budgets and savings recognition.
- Influencing and communication skills needed to bring stakeholders & suppliers on the journey to successful implementation of projects.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Bachelors' Degree; MBA preferred.
- 3 years+ procurement experience in an FMCG or agency environment.
- Experience in key procurement skills including strategy development, negotiations, forecasting and benchmarking.
- Strong analytical skills, including forensic understanding of the cost drivers to target and influence costs through end-to-end value.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Top leadership capabilities for this role:
- Authenticity, create possibilities, consistently deliver great performance and connect to Diageo Purpose.
- Displays high levels of energy and commitment; is relentless is the pursuit of their goals.
- Strong communication skills with commercial awareness
Barriers to succeed:
- Lack of marketing & procurement knowledge / experience
- Inability to change and think differently. Fixed mindset.
- Lack of influencing and communication skills.
- Inability to navigate complex areas and develop future thinking
- Inability to deal with ambiguity
- Unwillingness to adapt to changing scope of the role as marketing trends emerge
Worker Type :
New York 530 5th Ave
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.