- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a Procurement Manager to support and manage a team across two Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) subsidiaries in the Electronic Sensors & Intelligence Solutions (ES&IS) Division; ArgonST located in Fairfaix, VA and Digital Receiver Technology (DRT) located in Germantown, MD.
This position will be located in Fairfax, VA but will require frequent travel to Germantown, MD and will be responsible for leading and providing first line oversight of contracting and Supplier Chain (SC) business related activities.
- Manages Procurement Agent employees across two Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS); ArgonST located in Fairfaix, VA and Digital Receiver Technology (DRT) located in Germantown, MD performing activities related to committing company resources to purchase goods and services, developing supplier strategies, development of bid packages, proposal analysis, and development of contracts.
- Provides first line guidance and leadership in the establishment and achievement of functional/enterprise goals and objectives while motivating and developing the skills of the team.
- In addition to management responsibilities, this job also requires the Manager to lead negotiations for some purchase requisitions and execute company purchase orders within a CPSR approved system.
- Provides oversight and approval of Purchase Order Documentation and Procurement processes.
- Provides oversight and insight into high-dollar negotiations and serves as the first path of escalation in achieving resolution and closure on critical risk, cost, and relationship issues.
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans and ensures compliance with both internal and external policies and procedures.
- Monitors team performance through various metrics, creates action plans to course correct. Celebrate successes and provide guidance through challenges.
- Management of SM stakeholder expectations and implements root cause and corrective action for performance issues or inefficiencies that impact customer satisfaction or the support/success of the mission.
- Duties will include the negotiation of pricing and contract terms and conditions and the preparation and execution of contractual documents and binding agreements that are FAR/DFAR compliant.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. (Ability to obtain interim and/or final clearance post start.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- More than 3 years of experience with Supplier Management or Procurement practices and processes.
- More than 3 years of experience working directly with supplier management.
- More than 3 years of experience in Supplier Management/ Procurement as a Purchasing Agent or Buyer.
- More than 3 years of experience leading proposals, contract terms and conditions development, and negotiation efforts.
- More than 3 years of experience leading supplier contract negotiations.
- More than 3 years of experience with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations).
- More than 3 years of experience with Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) requirements.
- More than 3 years of experience managing suppliers/vendors to deliver products and services.
- More than 3 years of experience leading teams in a formal and/or informal role.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- More than 1 year of experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning).
- More than 3 years of experience with cost proposal preparation on government contracts.
- More than 1 year of experience drafting, negotiating and executing complex contracts and subcontracts.
- More than 3 years of experience working across multiple programs and locations.
- More than 3 years of experience in proposal development.
Bachelor's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience, supervisory experience, a Master's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.