- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MT. VERNON, INDIANA, US
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Procurement Managerin Mt, Vernon, IN, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Procurement Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating sourcing and purchasing of materials and services. Also responsible for exercising judgment in procurement duties in connection with assigned commodities and services using strategic purchasing techniques ensuring that the Company receives maximum value with respect to price, quality, and delivery, while following the Company’s Purchasing Policy and code of ethics.
- You will negotiate contracts for the procurement of required direct materials and services from approved suppliers. Establish strategies to improve supply chain, solve shortage issues and strengthen supplier relationships
- You will work with Global Strategic Sourcing, other divisions, sister sites, and local personnel to identify improvement opportunities in cost, quality, material, and service.
- You will maintain good working relationships with vendors and potential suppliers with respect to developing and improving sources of supply considering reliability, quality, and price. Serve as the primary linkage between suppliers and users and facilitates issue resolution and joint process improvement activities.
- You will develop a relationship with site customers to ensure Procurement is involved at an early stage to influence the buying decision and optimize negotiating leverage.
- You will monitor and ensure compliance with corporate contracts, preferred vendor usage, and the AZ Corporate Purchasing Policy.
- You will proactively identify financial and/or operational risks and opportunities associated with category purchases. Incorporate knowledge or industry trends, technology, and sourcing strategies (i.e. leveraging, supplier partnership, reverse auctions, tandem ordering) to optimize total value to AZ.
- You will challenge existing sourcing conventions and develops alternative sources and sourcing procedures to reduce costs and improve the performance of the Supply Chain
- You will continuously review the performance of vendors with regard to quality, delivery and price.
- You will perform other duties as assigned to support Supply Chain and Procurement.
- You will develop written procedures for routine job responsibilities and keep them current.
- You will perform other duties as assigned to support Customer Relationship + Procurement.
- You will execute work in compliance with GMPs, site policies, work instructions, and standard operating procedures (SOPs). You will immediately report issues that could affect delivery of products to customers.
- You will maintain a safe work environment by following all Health and Safety policies and procedures; immediately report potential unsafe conditions to supervision. You will use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as necessary.
- BS or BA degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent with knowledge of procurement and/or supply change concepts required.
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and their interrelationships with procurement methodologies and Customer Relationships.
- Strong project management skills required to gain commitment and mobilize others within the department and cross-functionally, to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Able to manage multiple priorities and use sound business judgment for decision making.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills. Develops a fact-based strategy; can respond appropriately to unanticipated situations.
- Proficiency in standard software applications e.g. SAP, MRP system, Ariba, Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of financial principles, budgeting processes, and fundamental drivers of sales and profits.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to changing business needs.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
- ms project
About the company
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that spans the discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and worldwide commercialisation of primary care and speciality care medicines.
We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
We invest in distinctive science in three main therapy areas where we believe we can make the most meaningful difference to patients: oncology; cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity. Our science exploits our rare combination of capabilities in small molecules and biologics, immunotherapies, protein engineering technologies and devices. These are reinforced by a strong focus on translational science and personalised healthcare capabilities. We build on our own capabilities by collaborating with world-renowned scientists and academic institutions and partnering with like-minded science-led companies.
Through leading in science, we are confident that we can transform the lives of people around the world and deliver value to our shareholders.