- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position TypeCivil ServiceClassification TitleProcurement OfficerPosition's Functional TitleProcurement Office ReceptionistPosition Start Date01/16/2020Position End Date (if temporary)Position SummaryReporting to the Assistant Vice President of Procurement and Business Services, the Procurement Officer coordinates/assists with the paperwork and follow up of all documents within the Unit. The Procurement Officer job duties/responsibilities include the following:
• Act as the purchasing receptionist and liaison for services between major campus units and the department in the data entry and filing (tracking) of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and related contracts.
• Review documents for requisition approvals, contracts, purchase orders, and forms required by the State of Illinois.
• Process large volumes of paperwork using multiple systems in the centralized procurement office.
• Manage several Access Databases and serve as the reception/customer service person for all incoming calls/guests of the department.
• Additional Procurement Officer-related duties, as needed.
Starting Salary Range: $35,490 to $40,813.50
(This is a non-negotiated position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on education and experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
Minimum QualificationsAny one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year (12 months) from the categories below of which six (6) months must be actual work experience:
A. Work experience performing duties comparable to those performed at the Procurement Officer Assistant level of this series or in positions of comparable responsibility.
B. College credit for course work in any field
(IF APPLICABLE, PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT IN THE FIELD MARKED AS “TRANSCRIPTS).”
◾30 semester hours equals six (6) months
◾60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
◾90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
◾120 semester hours or a Bachelor’s Degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
◾Master Degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
NOTE: Possession of a current Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) from The Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC), or a current Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) certificate, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or equivalent certifications may satisfy the above requirements.
(IF APPLICABLE, PLEASE ATTACH A COPY OF THE CERTIFICATION IN THE FIELD MARKED AS "CERTIFICATION/PROFESSIONAL LICENSE).”
Preferred Qualifications• Associate’s degree in Business, Business Management, Marketing, or Accounting
• Three (3) years of purchasing experience.
- State of Illinois, municipal or higher education operational/office experience is highly preferred.
- Working as a receptionist or buyer in a busy work environment is highly preferred.
Posting Date11/27/2019Closing Date12/07/2019Open Until FilledNoPosting NumberCS0385PType of SearchExternalQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.govst.edu/postings/4945Employee IDDepartmentSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsThis position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
Credentials Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants are required to provide electronic documentation that verifies that the following minimum qualifications of this Civil Service position have been met:
• online Civil Service application, including dates of employment, applicable full-time and part-time employment (percentage), and specific duties and responsibilities).
• cover letter
• list of three professional references
• college/university transcript(s).
**Please note the following:
• Due to the high volume of applications received, only the college/university transcripts/certification submitted/attached electronically to this posting will be used for the review and the consideration of this vacancy.
• If you are a Veteran, you may be eligible to receive Veteran’s Preference Points on a passing examination score, by submitting proof of eligibility to the Department of Human Resources, such as a copy of your DD214/DD215 form (Department of Defense), NGB22 form (National Guard), or Discharge Orders or DD256 Discharge Certificate (Reserves) by the closing date.
Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working in Higher Education or a similar setting?
- * Do you have experience working in an ERP system related to Purchasing? Please describe your experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * What level of experience do you have with a Procurement Card (PCard)?
- I am/have been a user of a PCard.
- I have reconciled PCard statements.
- I have been a PCard administrator.
- * Please describe your requisition review and/or needs-based ordering experience. (Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience training end-users and documenting software?
- * Do you have any experience creating end-user and technical documentation?
- * Please describe your experience with contract documentation and filing (i.e. drafting, data entry, tracking, follow-up). (Open Ended Question)
- * Do your professional experiences provide evidence of strong organizational, management and administrative skills?
- * How many years of Administrative support experience do you have?
- 10 or more
- * Do you have experience multi-tasking while working as a receptionist in a busy operation?
- * Please describe any previous experience you have working in a customer service environment. (Open Ended Question)
- * With regard to a business-related problem, please describe the issue, and how you personally solved it, including the involvement of others to find a solution. Please be specific. (Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience in the management of records systems?
- No experience
- 0-3 years
- 3-6 years
- 6-9 years
- 9+ years
- * Please rate your computer literacy regarding MicroSoft Excel.
- * Do you have experience creating reports and working with Excel documents?
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
- Certification/Professional License