- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Smith's Food and Drug
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Assist with the preparation of produce platters/trays.
- Inform customers of produce specials.
- Recommend items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory merchandise.
- Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained.
- Familiarity and compliance with all country of origin labeling and regulations.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil code including local weights and measures in addition to labeling regulations.
- Sign and display merchandise in a creative and colorful manner.
- Cull, condition, trim and package product.
- Fill wet racks, tables, coolers and other displays.
- Keep coolers, and other displays fully stocked and conditioned.
- Assist in floral department as needed.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Maintain positive working relationship with vendors.
- Package merchandise according to company and store policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Retail experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level:High School Diploma/ GED Required
States: New Mexico
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NM||Albuquerque|| 8301 Golf Course Rd Nw ||87120 || Smith's Food and Drug||[[mfield2]]||Produce/Floral ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
- human resources
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.