- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TV Content & Production
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
KDEN Telemundo in Denver is seeking a Producer to join our award-winning team.
The Producer will be responsible for successful coordination and execution of a newscast and other special programs as needed.
Responsible for overall production of the news of the day, special coverage, in depth stories and other news-related content of each newscast.
Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom talking with each team member who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Assignment Editor, anchors, VJ’s and production crews).
Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
Select stories, understand all the elements and design a newscast that achieves the daily goal.
Knowledgeable on daily news events, keep up with current events, be aware of past news events and know what is news in the Denver market.
Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts by keeping a good communication with the crew in the field.
Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases and reporter lead-ins
Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy and have good time management skills.
Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
Work with Video Journalists to improve story and presentation.
Editing skills to edit video clips.
Write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals for TV and digital platforms. Collaborate with Web Editor when needed.
Work closely with producers, Executive Producer and News Director on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
Assign reporters and anchors as needed.
Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
Work directly with talent articulating angle of story, length and video.
Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
Complete discrepancy reports with detail and accuracy to help prevent future problems.
Understand and follow all Telemundo News standards and ethics.
Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team.
Stack the rundown and manage the on-air broadcast from the control room.
Produce news stories and specials as assigned.
Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed.
Copy-edit reporter scripts as well as all newscast copy.
Work a flexible schedule when needed to cover other shifts and breaking news.
Field produce stories for the on-air newscast and other news content platforms.
• Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• 2 to 4 years as News Producer experience.
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
• Must have leadership qualities, be detail oriented, organized and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the Denver area and travel as needed for special assignments.
• Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when necessary.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day – come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately. Follow up problems with those involved and a newsroom manager.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast, use the Telemundo arsenal of tools and equipment to provide the most current information that is geographically diverse and maximizes viewer benefits.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - TLM KDEN
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.