- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Flower Mound
JOB DESCRIPTION: Product Content Manager, Marketing The Product Content Manager of Home Entertainment New Release Marketing is responsible for the recommendation, development and management of Funimation home entertainment new release special features content.
The Content Manager is a key member of the Home Entertainment New Release Marketing Team who drive best in class product offerings to hit revenue goals for Funimation's new releases in all formats (digital sell-through, DVD and Blu-ray). The Manager of New Release Marketing reports into the Senior Managers of Home Entertainment and Theatrical Marketing.
Key Responsibilities: ● Responsible for developing the content strategy for each home entertainment new release, including episodic and film releases, to provide anime consumers with the most compelling product offering that will drive purchase interest.
● Provides expertise and insights on industry trends for the category including competitive releases' bonus content, product configurations, and best in class executions.
● Closely aligns with Brand Marketing to understand title specific consumer insights and strategies and creates content plans that adhere to brand positioning.
● Reviews bonus content on Japan's version of Blu-ray and DVD releases and determines which pieces are important to include on the US versions.
● Responsible for recommending and driving the creation of new bonus content that is innovative and engaging.
● Works closely with Shared Services, Production and Operations to execute successfully.
● Manages the home entertainment new release content budget to achieve business objectives/KPIs, in collaboration with the Senior Managers.
● Provides input on retail GWPs by liaising with Retail Marketing, SHOP and Sales.
● Shares content ideas with channel teams (SVOD, Home Entertainment Catalog, SHOP), Growth Teams, Brand Marketing and Shared Services Teams to use in title specific marketing campaigns and to maximize broader opportunities throughout the company.
● Implements yearly category and title specific post-mortems , based on performance, to garner key learnings with which to shape future strategies and tactics.
● Closely collaborates with Brand Marketing for licensor input and approvals.
Key Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: ● Proficiency in Japanese language.
● Anime Fan.
● Consumer Orientation
- Able to think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive Funimation home entertainment new release sales.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses practical experience to complement data.
● Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
● Team collaboration and leadership
- Able to influence others, drive consistent execution, effectively address challenges and lead a team of peers to solutions.
● Business Acumen
- Agile decision-making, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment.
● High Initiative- Able to create and drive plans independently.
Key Qualifications: ● Proficiency in Japanese.
Japanese fluency screening required.
● Bachelor's degree required.
● Minimum of 3 years of relevant marketing experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company.
● Build marketing strategies tied to a business plans (long and short-term). ● Previous experience working on Home Entertainment product and bonus content.
● Consumer and Business Analytics.
● Budgeting, ROI Quantification.
● Internal and External client partnership-building.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills, to include: creative briefs, business plans, presentations (Power Point, Keynote, and verbal). ● Current anime fan or desire to deeply understand anime and the anime fan.
● Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel).