- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Eden Prairie
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educatingthem about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors, your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for developing new products for the provider market, which includes managing the entire product development process from concept, to defining business requirements, build, pilot and launch
- Responsible for performing concept feasibility analysis, and making recommendations to senior leadership on which to pursue further, and which to de-prioritize
- Thinks strategically, and creatively, generates a vision for product concepts, and translates vision into a well-defined product that meets market needs
- Directs market and data analysis exercises with clear objectives
- Builds cohesive business cases based on quantifiable data that is able to be presented to all levels of the organization
- Supports the development of market and sales strategies and value proposition
- Forecasts revenue or savings opportunities associated with product development initiatives
- Prioritizes multiple demands and ideas based on available resources
- Supports decisions and acts quickly and effectively to drive forward progress
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Provides work direction and innovation leadership across multiple teams including UHC/Optum businesses, technology, marketing, and service operations to ensure alignment and tangible progress in a complex, matrix work environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of marketing, product and/or project management
- Experience within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams and prioritize deliverables
- Highly organized, driven, and accountable
- A self-starter who can operate well in a consistently changing and ambiguous environment
- Previous experience in the healthcare industry, specifically with providers and/or population health management - required
- Able to balance strategic thinking with the urgency to drive work forward
- Adapt quickly to changes in work direction and able to pivot work accordingly
- Creative problem solver
- Naturally curious
- Team player with strong ability to form working professional relationships
- Experience using data and research to formulate logical business recommendations
- MBA degree , MPH, MHA
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.