- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Boca Raton
What you’ll be doing...
This Professional Services Consultant II Unified Communications & Collaboration position consists of engineering, deployment, and technical leadership within the Verizon Professional Services (PS) Unified Communications (UC) portfolio. Verizon’s Managed UC PS experts support Cisco Unified Communications product suites. For sales opportunities, Verizon PS focuses on planning, designing, implementing, optimizing, and supporting managed deployments and other converged unified communications solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Additional support includes training and workshop activities, consulting services, and review of custom designs.
- Work with customer, vendors, and internal teams to deploy designed solutions.
- Participate in technical sessions with customers to discover requirements and develop solutions.
- Participate as a “hands-on” engineer on project deployments.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers.
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients and vendor partners such as Cisco.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies.
- Maintain technical certifications as required.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience must include Unified Communications Manager, Communications Manager Express, Unity, Unity Express, Unity Connection, Cisco Emergency Responder, Cisco Voice Gateways, Unified Presence Server and Communicator, and Meeting Place.
- Experience designing and implementing complex and multinational UC deployments.
- Experience with vendor and manufacturer-provided remote access and provisioning tools to support remote and onsite deployments.
- Experience with communications protocols such as H323 / SIP / MGCP / SCCP and other audio codes.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years’ experience as a Cisco CCNA Collaboration engineer with experience planning, designing, and implementing / deploying complex Cisco UC product lines.
- Five or more years’ experience with Cisco as a systems integrator - selling, designing, and implementing Cisco systems and solutions.
- Ability to write detailed Method-of-Procedure (MOPs) customer implementation documents.
- Experience integrating Cisco solutions with other vendor products such as overhead paging systems, direct SIP Trunking to other IPPBX platforms, etc.
- Consulting experience.
- CCNP - Collaboration certification.
- Cisco Video experience.
- CCNA - Collaboration certification.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.