- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
What you’ll be doing
This role will support a product group within the Verizon Connect “OEM” roadmap for millions of connected vehicles globally.
Manage all aspects of a set of products in the emerging areas of Telematics (Connected Vehicle Services) including as examples: Active Safety, Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS), Autonomous, and Precision Location Technology. Create the business cases to justify investment, establish the service roadmap, write requirements, and lead the development process in order to bring new services to market. Research and understand the market, the competitive environment, and customer feedback for the set of services.
Areas of focus may include any of the following: 5G, Advanced Carrier Technology, Application Platform, API’s, HD Maps, Safety Services, Mobile Apps, Specifications, Verizon HUM, Remote Update, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, OEM in-vehicle technology, and Mobility
• Create and implement the strategy and product roadmap for selected category of services (define roadmap, gain both internal and customer buy-in, lead team to develop and launch services).
• Manage and assist decision making for product line opportunities
• Be the indirect leader of cross functional teams
• Develop price and bundling approach for both the consumer and enterprise services.
• Understand the current technology and systems at Verizon Connect and Verizon Wireless, and how to build services using the existing investments.
• Provide post launch product support to address performance issues and resolve customer complaints.
• Stay abreast of mobile, telematics, and IOT markets (industry trends, new devices and services, customer usage, technology enablers, etc.).
• Conduct assessment of competitive offerings and new product launches.
• Support customer RFP’s for new services, and issue RFP’s to vendors as required.
• Write business requirements and help define use cases for services using mobile apps, websites, in-vehicle screens, and IVR feature functionality and application UI.
• Work with marketing to define how to best position the services to end consumers and facilitate with marketing the creation of marketing collateral.
• Work with training and operations to ensure front line employees have the latest product information and that customer impacting issues are addressed.
• Work with finance department to develop business case to support new product launches.
• Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
• Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
• Understand strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry
What we’re looking for...
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
• College degree required, MBA preferred
• Previous experience preferred of two years in Product Management roles post MBA, or equivalent seniority to above job description. Experience with 5G Mobile Connected Services, Platform as a Service, Automotive experience is a plus
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically
• Technically capable
• Business Savvy
Even better if you have:
• Previous Telematics, Telecom, or Automotive experience
• Experience working in a start-up or other dynamic, fast-paced environments that requires a self-starter and risk taking approach
• Engineering or technical fieldstudies
• Experience and success with presentations at the senior management level
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
About the company
For more than 100 years, Verizon has been at the center of the communications revolution.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
We help people, businesses and things communicate better.
The digital world promises consumers a better, more connected life, and we’re the ones delivering it. We make it possible for people to stay in touch and businesses to connect with their customers. We’re also bringing technology and hands-on learning opportunities directly to kids who need it most. Our goal is to inspire tomorrow’s creators to use technology to build brighter futures for themselves, their families and the world.